We all know the California heat is on its way, which means it’s time to start up those air conditioners. Make sure the air circulating through your family home, or business is clean and safe to breath. After the warm winter, and long spring months it might be time to clean out that air duct. Here at SERVPRO of Watsonville/Hollister we would love to be the company that can ensure you that your family or employees are breathing healthy and quality circulating air.
Call SERVPRO of Watsonville/Hollister at: (831) 275-1901.
Here are five simple ways that you can check to see if your air duct is dirty-
- Open any one of your vent covers located around your house and look inside to see if there is any dirt, debris, animal or pet hair, or matted dust.
- Open up one of your air return registers (They look like a bigger vent and are usually screwed into the side of a wall or ceiling.) check to see if there is any dust build up.
- Take the air filter out and check if it is clogged with dust, if it is then the air flow is being blocked which causes more dust and debris to build up into the return ductwork.
- If you smell a rotting or putrid type of smell and can’t seem to find a source, many times after long months of not using your HVAC system small animals can find their way into the air duct and die inside. The other common issues are animals nesting and birthing babies inside causing for feces and urine to build up along with an animal infestation.
- An unexplained, random, or unexpected allergy experienced by one or more people inside the home or business could also be caused by a dirty air duct.
If you fear that your air duct is causing your family, business, or yourself any sort of issues please contact us at SERVPRO of Monterey Peninsula.
Phone- (831) 275-1901